This online session has been developed in collaboration with SHPA and ASHM and will update hospital pharmacists on Australia’s new government-funded model that provides free or affordable HIV treatment access for people without Medicare.
Course Time & Date:
Date : Wednesday 27 September 2023
Time : 12:00pm – 1:00pm (AEST)
Location : Online
Dr David Baker
General Practitioner and Director, East Sydney Doctors, NSW
Advanced Sexual Health and HIV Pharmacist, Biala Pharmacy, QLD.
The Society of Hospital Pharmacists (SHPA) is hosting this event and will manage registrations.
Registration price is $50 incl GST or free for SHPA members.
By the end of this course, participants will learn/be able to:
• Describe the eligibility criteria for people without Medicare to access HIV treatment through the FFA scheme.
• Identify the prescriber’s role in prescribing HIV treatment to patients without Medicare.
• Explain key changes to HIV treatment access that impact pharmacists.
• Describe the pharmacist role in dispensing HIV treatment to patients without Medicare.
• Overview the scheme process in Queensland and comment on differences across Australia .
This course is for Hospital pharmacists
This activity has been accredited for 1 hour of Group-1 CPD (or 1 CPD credit), suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan. The accreditation number is S2023/56.
This course is supported by funding from the Australian Government Department of Health.
Further Information: For more information on the new HIV Treatment Access Scheme for people without Medicare Please click here .
Date: September 27, 2023 12:00 pm