This two-part online workshop will provide nurses and midwives with the introductory skills to incorporate STI and BBV screening within their workplace.
Tuesday, 28 March 2023 and Wednesday, 29 March 2023
7:00pm – 8:30pm (AEDT)
6:00pm – 7:30pm (AEST)
6:30pm – 8:00pm (ACDT)
5.30pm – 7.00pm (ACST)
4:00pm – 5:30pm (AWST)
Online – Zoom
Nurses and midwives can draw on invaluable communication skills and are well placed to identify priority populations for screening. Through a case study, presentations, interactive quizzes and online learning module, this two-part online workshop will provide nurses and midwives with the introductory skills to incorporate STI and BBV screening within their workplace.
Cherie Bennett, Medical Educator, ASHM; Clinical Nurse Specialist (Sexual Health).
Donna Tilley, Nurse Practitioner, Western Sydney Sexual Health Centre.
- Describe the clinical presentation of common STIs and BBVs .
- Identify the priority populations for STI and BBV screening .
- Explain the importance of testing and screening for STIs and BBVs
- Demonstrate confidence in offering STI and BBV screening to patients .
- Discuss the process for contact tracing and Identify resources to assist.
This activity has been endorsed by APNA according to approved quality standards criteria. It has been allocated 3 CPD hours. This activity is also endorsed by ASHHNA.
This activity received funding from the Australian Government Department of Health.